Here you will find Power BI resources – for example, news from Microsoft blog and various mix of information from TOP blogs and magazines focused on Power BI.
- Microsoft Power BI Blog | feed – the latest information and news about Power BI directly from Microsoft
- Excelerator | feed – high quality source of information and tutorials about Power BI
- Kasper On BI | feed – Blog by Kasper de Jonge – Power BI program manager
- Blog Chrise Webba | feed – Chris blogs for over 10 years and has over 1,000 articles focused on Power BI and DAX on his website
- Prathy | feed – Blog by Pratha Kamasani – Independent contractor from India living in London
- Datachant | feed – Blog by Gil Raviv, which helps clients (including Fortune 500 clients) create modern self-service BI solutions.
Disclaimer: Websites in the list are listed here as high quality sources of information. You can ask me to add your favorite website and i will consider the request. A website may be delisted after revision or at the request of the webmaster…. Contact Me »
- Nesting Measures in Inforiverby Matt Allington on 30. 11. 2022 at 1:24
The Power BI Matrix visual is similar to an Excel Pivot table, however there are quite a few limitations in the Matrix. In the Power BI Matrix below I have put the product categories on Rows, Calendar Year on Columns and the measure [Total Sales] on Values. At this point, [...]Read More »
- On-premises data gateway November releaseon 29. 11. 2022 at 10:44
Here is the November release of the on-premises data gateway!
- Power BI November 2022 Feature Summaryon 29. 11. 2022 at 9:04
Welcome to the November 2022 update! This month we introduce an Optimize ribbon which makes your report creation experience more streamlined, especially if you are working in DirectQuery mode. Also new this month are Linked Metrics and a new EvaluateAndLog DAX function that enable you to log intermediate values of your DAX expressions. There is […]
- Web.Contents, Text Concatenation And Dataset Refresh Errors In Power BI/Power Queryby Chris Webb on 28. 11. 2022 at 8:17
One of the most popular topics I’ve ever written about here is the dataset refresh errors you get with dynamic data sources and the Web.Contents function in Power BI (see here and here for example). Recently I learned about an interesting new detail regarding this problem that I thought was worth blogging about, and which
- Five Essential Power Tools for Power BI Desktopby Jason Cockington on 22. 11. 2022 at 2:47
The External Tools ribbon is a feature that has been available in Power BI Desktop since the July 2020 release. This feature should be considered essential to anyone who is regularly working in the Power BI space. In this article I recommend my top five External Tools, that I [...]Read More »
- How Much Data Can You Load Into Power BI?by Chris Webb on 21. 11. 2022 at 15:19
Power BI can handle large data volumes, but just how much data can you load into Power BI? Can Power BI handle big data? How big is “big” anyway? These are questions you may have when you’re starting out on a new Power BI project and the answers can be hard to find. Indeed the
- Accelerate your migration experience from Azure Analysis Services to Power BI Premium with the automated migration toolon 18. 11. 2022 at 9:00
Accelerate your migration experience from Azure Analysis Services to Power BI Premium with the automated migration tool. Read more for details.
- Join Us! Power BI Dev Camp: Thursday 17 November 2022: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (noon) PDTon 17. 11. 2022 at 7:50
Join us to learn how to manage challenges faced by Power BI Admins with monitoring and troubleshooting multiple on-premises Data Gateway Clusters.
- Calling The Power BI REST API From TSQL In Azure SQL DBby Chris Webb on 16. 11. 2022 at 15:28
Something cool has just been announced for Azure SQL DB: the ability to call a limited number of REST APIs direct from TSQL. The announcement is here: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/azure-sql/azure-sql-database-external-rest-endpoints-integration-public-preview/ There are code samples here: […]
- Announcing support for paginated reports in Power BI Proon 14. 11. 2022 at 9:33
As part of the continued Power BI innovations, we’re excited to announce the support for paginated reports in Power BI Pro at this year’s PASS Data Community Summit. Now Microsoft Power BI customers have the flexibility to create and consume interactive reports as well as paginated reports using Power BI Pro.
- Why You Should Defragment Your Fact Tables If You’re Using Incremental Refresh In Power BI Premiumby Chris Webb on 14. 11. 2022 at 9:00
A lot of people are building large datasets in Power BI Premium nowadays, and if you’re building a large dataset you’re very likely to be using Power BI’s incremental refresh functionality with your fact tables or manually creating and refreshing partitions in them. If so, you should occasionally do a special kind of refresh to
- Performance Tuning Table Visuals With Filters Applied In Power BIby Chris Webb on 10. 11. 2022 at 15:30
Power BI table visuals with a visual-level filter applied may perform worse than expected, and applying the filter inside your measures may improve performance
- New cache refresh settings available in Power BI Premiumon 10. 11. 2022 at 8:00
ClientCacheRefreshPolicy is now a configurable property for your Power BI Premium workspaces. Admins can override scheduled cache refresh settings for an entire workspace, improving the performance of their semantic models.
- Understanding The “Unable to save the changes since the new dataset of size” Error In Power BIby Chris Webb on 7. 11. 2022 at 14:00
If your Power BI dataset is too large you may run into errors when you refresh.
- Save a copy of a report & Collapse navigation pane in Organizational Appon 7. 11. 2022 at 6:00
We are thrilled to announce that based on your feedback, we have decided to bring back the feature that allowed app consumers to save copies of reports to their My Workspace. Further, app authors can now by default collapse the app navigation pane for their app consumer.
- River Murray Floods 2022 Data/Power BI Reportby Matt Allington on 4. 11. 2022 at 22:37
One thing I tell people over and over again, is that if you want to learn to be good using Power BI, you have to practice. One of the best ways to practice is to find a topic you are interested in and build something useful. River Murray Floods 2022 [...]Read More »
- What-If Analysis With Excel Power Pivot: Automatically Refreshing Individual Tables In The Excel Data Model Using VBAby Chris Webb on 2. 11. 2022 at 12:33
Sometimes, when you’re analysing data, you need to be able to change variables and see what the impact is: for example you might want to see what your profit margin looks like if tax rates are set at different levels. Power BI’s what-if parameter feature can do this but it has the limitation that you
- Speed Up Power BI Dataset Refresh Performance In Premium Or PPU By Changing The “Parallel Loading Of Tables” Settingby Chris Webb on 31. 10. 2022 at 8:47
Do you have a a large dataset in Power BI Premium or Premium Per User? Do you have more than six tables that take a significant amount of time to refresh? If so, you may be able to speed up the performance of your dataset’s refresh by increasing the number of tables that are refreshed
- Improvements to chart sharing and copy as image are coming soonon 28. 10. 2022 at 15:25
We’re excited to help more users quickly communicate insights by helping users share links to charts and updating how users copy images of visuals. This can empower more people to use data in their decision making using the communication tool of their choice. Read all the details in this blog.
- Power BI Ideas site improvement updateson 27. 10. 2022 at 9:20
In the July blog post about the Ideas site, we published our plan to improve the Ideas website. Today we would like to share some of the progress as well as a roadmap for Ideas.
- Looking for a great introduction to DAX?by Daniel Duque on 26. 10. 2022 at 21:35
First, an intro from Matt. I have only met Daniel Duque via LinkedIn. Daniel contacted me last month with the kind message below. He wanted to write a book review and was looking for suggestions on where to do this. I suggested he write it here on my blog, hence [...]Read More »
- Join Us! Power BI Dev Camp: Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (noon) PDTon 26. 10. 2022 at 11:41
Power BI Dev Camp: Episode 27, Integrating Azure AD B2C with App-Owns-Data Embedding
- Diagnosing Calculation Group-Related Performance Problems In Power BI Using EvaluateAndLogby Chris Webb on 24. 10. 2022 at 8:30
A few weeks ago I wrote a post showing how you can use the new EvaluateAndLog DAX function to diagnose performance problems relating to the use of the Switch function. Did you know that calculation groups can experience similar performance problems though? In some scenarios limited evaluation takes place for all calculation items, not just
- Switch between a summarized value or selected value with multiple legendsby Prathy Kamasani on 19. 10. 2022 at 16:19
A colleague of mine came to me with an interesting use case, “ Switch between a summarized value or selected value with multiple legends”. For example, I have five countries… The post Switch between a summarized value or selected value with multiple legends appeared first on Prathy's Blog....
- Interview With Me On ‘The Knee-Deep In Tech’ Podcastby Chris Webb on 17. 10. 2022 at 8:02
Last week, while I was at the always-excellent dataMinds Connect conference in Belgium, I was interviewed by Heini Ilmarinen and Alexander Arvidsson for the ‘Knee-Deep In Tech’ podcast. You can listen to it here: https://www.kneedeepintech.com/posts/podcast-episode-208/ We had a very interesting chat about my career, the Power BI CAT team and […]